Yesterday's Skeptic Has Become Its Advocate: The Age of Insta

Yesterday's Skeptic Has Become Its Advocate: The Age of Insta






Yesterday's Skeptic Has Become Its Advocate: 

The Age of Insta



This week’s reading took me aback. I don’t know if I would be right to say it took me back in the future past. Looking back to where we were regarding technology makes me realized how far we have come and how much we have changed. When one reminisce about the first time I created my own Hotmail account and all the way to Google mail, it like night and day.  I still remember many people in my community being suspect to this new technology. People thought this was the beginning of the end. We never thought that someday we’ll have nothing else but this technology to depend on. 

Yesterday’s skeptic has become today's advocate. We hail the progress this technology has brought to us, the ‘Age of Insta.’  We no longer have to depend on the postmaster to send letters or messages. Now we compose and click then instant delivery. We no longer rely on the faceless or voiceless mails. Now we chat face to face or even hear voice mails within seconds.

While we celebrate these advances in technology, we are also cognizant of the price we pay as we adopt and quickly depend on this technology. While It is great to celebrate the virtual benefits that come with this technology but at what expense. To illustrate this, people no longer spend physical quality time with one another. We spend it remotely. We are unknowingly isolated everyday. I hope someday we will be able to strike a balance between its use and spending real time with the ones we love.

Comments