Technology: A Force of Change 

This week’s reading made me appreciate the ongoing debate on the impact of technology on our education. Reading through the text on the history and influence of technology not only in our education but also to our way of life as a whole. While the debate centers more on the instruction side, there has also been movements on how technology has changed our behavior in many ways. The development of technology and its impact has been questioned. Many scholars have argued that the advent of modern technology has little impact on the way we deliver instruction.

I must admit that while others see no direct impact on teaching and learning, its delivery mechanism has opened up many channels in which learners can access learning. It has some how levelled the education field and, in some areas, lowered the cost of education. It has also catered for different learning styles. I may be wrong, but to me, technology has changed the way I am learning and the way I teach.

Comments