Like a MultiLayered Onion, So Is Our Instructional Design Learning

As a student of ID, I have come to know that there is still a lot one has to learn in this field. The information I received since we started this course has really help shape the way I look at this field. I realized that it is like a layered onion. The more you peel the more layers come. As a multilayered onion so is this course. The good thing about this is that everything we learn about is interconnected.

Each week’s assignment and chapter reading point to one central point; that is, the development of critical skills to sustain progress in this field. This course is not just about fulfilling a program’s requirement. It is more than a requirement. It is a living guide that holds you by a hand and direct you to new things.

What I picked up in this week's reading is the need to focus on critical skills development. Skills like mastering learning theory models such as ADDIE and many more. These learning theory models are a foundation on which we can build not only the courses but our entire careers. Knowing how to use or apply them in creating a course or training is very important if one were to succeed.  Moreover, learning about different processes and systems required by various models will make one stand out as an expert in this field.

I have also learned about skills like using the adobe software like photoshop, illustrator and many more. I guess I would be visiting LinkedIn Learning soon to learn these skills.

Finally, I appreciate the fact that this field offers us many doors of opportunities if we so wish to take. For those who yearn for a career change, they can afford to move into this field with less red tapes. And for many who wish to be their own bosses, they can venture to consulting. This field offers us a world of choice. I hope I do my best to acquire as many of these skills while I can.



Comments