Great Info Over~Load

Wow! What an information overload. This week was intense yet interesting. The reading assignments really brought everything to perspective for me. I became clearer when I learned about many of the requirements needed to succeed in the field of Instructional design. For me, this was real time learning.as some called it, “a come to Jesus moment.” What was revealed to me was very much informative and awakening. The processes needed to acquire a job were clearly explained. I like the fact that Robert A. Reiser did not hide his failures. He was honest in his chapter about the many challenges many of us will face as we seek to be part of the ID community of excellence.


I was also fascinated by the human performance improvement. I had never heard of it but as I went through the chapter, I noticed the link that exists even in my administration of my teaching. I was really inspired to look closely to many models and choose one I would be comfortable in. Going through various articles was also an eye opener because in nearly all the articles I read seem to point that human performance element be added to the training. What surprised me was that unanimity of thoughts on training only as inadequate in improving meaningful performance result.


Further the chapter on professional publication was very informative. I learned the value of belonging to a professional organization. Such organizations are like a lifeline for growth in this field. They provide you with an all-round support and development. I am glad that now I know where to go for professional development and support.

Comments